...and make you happy !
There are certain songs, that just transcend the different fashions of ' Current ' hits and morph into those elusive ' Classic ' hits. Immaterial of whether you like Pop / Rock / Alternative / Jazz / Classical music, when you hear these songs, the reaction is mostly the same.
Your foot starts tapping to the beat, you start to sing along because you " mysteriously " know the words and should you be driving when it unexpectedly plays on the radio, somehow you automatically drive a bit faster ( possibly a side-effect of the tapping foot ). Of course turning up the volume is a given. Personally, I try to have the windows up, as I tend to sing along at the top of my lungs !
Here are a few of my favourite " classic " hits, that automatically put me into a fantastic good mood and tilt my world into it's proper setting !
- Bee Gees....Staying Alive
- ABBA....Dancing Queen
- Frank Sinatra...New York, New York
- Katrina & The Waves...Walking on Sunshine
- Empire of the Sun...We Are the People
- Boo Radleys...Wake up Boo
- The Carpenters...Please Mr. Postman
- Barbra Streisand...I Finally Found Someone ( duet with Bryan Adams )
- Beatles...Can't buy me love
There are many more out there. Let me know if you also like some of my choices, or tell me some of yours.