Tuesday 13 November 2018

A Grey Day In Eisenberg.

After all there are only 41 days until Christmas.

The day started out as most others this week with a curtain of heavy fog. Fair enough, fog can lift and reveal a stunner of a day alas, not so today. It stayed grey and rather miserable throughout. Even the radio d.j. mumbled about it being a 50 shades of grey kind of day...which he hastily retracted with a naughty giggle.

I drove to Güssing to do a shop and even there the weather kept to script but of course it doesn't really matter if one hops in and out of shops. At about eleven I felt a bit hungry and hastened into a local bakery in search of a Bretzen. I thought I would support a baker instead of buying one at Hofer around the corner. Well, my inquiry after a Bretzen was met with a rude;" What? " which had me wonder how they could stay in business. Not going back there in a hurry.

When I eventually ended up at Hofer I perused the fresh bakery aisle and as I was getting a Bretzen out the ' box ', someone greeted me by name. One of the Eisenbergers was busy shopping too and even though it was a mere quick ' Hello ', it felt good to be greeted. A sense of belonging.

Every week I notice an increase of Vegan products at Hofer, so perhaps the Vegan tide is turning. Brilliant and about time too. Not that everyone needs to eat the vegan way all the time but at least making a few meals a week without animal products is fantastic. The mere fact that there is such a prolific selection of vegan products everywhere makes me very optimistic about the future and once people realize that apart from anything else, eating healthy plant based vegan meals is the best way to lose weight and be healthy, they would eat vegan more often...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment