Friday 22 March 2019

For The Love Of Daisies.

From weed to food.

A friend told me the other day that she had seen a nutritionist talk about daisies and how packed with nutrition they were. " Daisies, like on our lawn? " I asked her. Yes, those are the ones.

Daisies are bright spots of nature after a dull monotone winter and we are blessed with many gracing our front lawn. Last year I made a point of growing and protecting them ( from lawnmower man ) becoming innocent fatalities by the need to have a perfect lawn. Our standoff lasted until the beginning of May but we were the last to fold in our village. I wish they'd consider the plight of bees a bit more than the need to blend in.

Well since that report has aired, bees have even more competition for their daily food. Putting a bunch of daisies on your bread as spread sounds pretty enough but somehow I wasn't convinced. Don't want to be pushing up daisies yet!

Synchronicity is as accurate as a Swiss watch. Yesterday during my visit at the old age home, I was telling her about the odd thought of putting daisies on one's bread and wouldn't you know it, she had seen the program too and had already done a forage outside for some. Even though she is well into her eighties she is sharp as a tack.

" I am not sure about those daisies outside. They do spray a lot of weedkillers and such. "
Yip, not many places about that haven't fallen prey to perfectionist gardeners...at least we have never used any sort of chemical anywhere in our garden so that if I do get tempted to try a daisy, it will be as fresh and clean as a daisy ....

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment