Friday 26 November 2021

Amazon Saga, 2.0

 The plot thickens...


We've been searching high and low and this weekend Bob had plans to go through every bag that had landed in the trashcan. A momenteus task and one that I cleverly refrained from agreeing to due to not having had any recollection of being responsible for mislaying this Amazon gift card.

The last few days Bob's first words upon coming home from work were to ask if I had managed to firstly look and then find this card. Clearly the prospect of emptying all the bins was darkening the advent of this upcoming weekend. Who would blame him.

All day long I had looked here, there, in a rubbish bin or two and of course everywhere. Nothing to be found except dust and paraphanalia. Ghastly. Well, so much for treats online. Just as well I suppose...

Last night as I was getting ready to settle in front of the tv ( actually night is an exaggeration as Bob told me this morning that we had gone to bed at 7.30!!!! ) I happened to glance on my night stand. The stand for a number of books I have on the go. Books that I have book marks for. Bending over pages is a no-no for me, that's why I often grab whichever suitable object is at hand, wherever I am...

Oh my, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the tell tale black colour of a suspiciously important piece of something lying on my night stand. Oh my god. The Amazon gift card. It was me all along! Somehow I must have used it as a bookmark, not thinking about it and then, when I took the book through to read ( often open backed as I fall asleep ) to the lounge I left this bookmark on the stand. Alone and unnoticed. 

I screamed for joy. Joyfulness outweighing the oncoming lecture of ;

       " I knew you had put it somewhere! "

and how right he would be and was. At least both of us laughed in relief, Bob because he hadn't forgotten and me because I had misplaced it for a reason. Subconsciously. Of course I am very well aware that for the foreseeable future I will be the first port of call if anything has been mislaid in our house...quite right too.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment