Thursday 29 August 2019

The Incredible Sadness Of Old Age Homes.

Shady Pines indeed.

Yet another villager has changed residence. The heavenly waiting room as they like to call it. From one day to the next her lovely childhood home of yore has been exchanged for a shared room at an old age residence.

Today the heaviness of sadness enveloped me and even now, half a day later I can still feel it dithering about in my thoughts. But, I at least can go home to a nice and spacious place, one that is the perfect hideout from the insanity of modern life.

Lately I can't get my head around the fact that most people don't give a hoot about the specifics of stopping climate change. Gosh, they might have to change their eating and living habits, which apparently is an abstract and taboo subject. Much better for them to heap oodles of blame on the politicians than to roll their sleeves up and do what needs to be done. And done now.

Today was the first time I had actually met her and I am glad I did. As sad as she was due to the bereavement that caused her to move, she was thrilled to have a visitor. In between moments of sadness rare glimpses of joy, sparks of mischief and memories of having lived life emerged brightening up the whole room.

None of us know nor want to know the span of our life's wings but at least I'd like a fighting chance to go the distance and not be sabotaged by the ennui of people not bothered enough to do what should and needs to be done in order to resist the growing might of a changed climate.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment