Thursday 3 October 2019

Wherever I Eat My Grub I Call My Home?

Never mind a cat having nine lives...

Like so many interesting tidbits this one also started off by me visiting a friend. She doesn't live too far away but by Eisenberg standards it is. About a hundred meters down the road!

We were having a nice long chat over coffee and talked about this that and our cats. She has a most beloved cat and of course we have our princess and Mister, the former feral who one can set a clock by come feeding time. Get two cat lovers together and we exchange cat photos and cat stories.

Her front door is always ajar so that her cat can come in at her leisure but she never does when I am around. Suddenly I heard the unmistakable sound of cat paws walking on wooden floor, followed by the sound of munching. Oh, I felt honoured that she would come inside with me there but was quickly put in the picture;

" This is my cat's new friend who comes in to eat every day. My cat sat next to her while she ate here for the first time to signal to me that she approves of this new addition to our household. "
I wanted to go and have a look, but my friend told me that this cat was particularly shy and would sprint away if she heard me. Luckily the lounge door has a glass portion and thus I got up quietly to have a look at this new cat.
" Oh, I don't believe it! Hey my boy, what are you doing here ? "
The cat looked up, my friend thought I had lost the plot and I almost doubled over in laughter. There was our formally feral cat having a leisurely lunch before obviously coming over to our house for dinner later on. Gosh, when he heard my voice he stopped eating, looked up and tried to put the situation into some semblance of order before doing his usual and scattering off.

We were laughing so much and even more so when I mentioned that contrary to what she thought, this cat was actually a tomcat.

" Ah, now I understand why my darling cat has been so happy lately and why she lets him share her food! "
Cats, couldn't live without them...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment