Friday 9 November 2012

Making Changes In Your Life...

A real challenge to you strength of Character !

Don't most of us like to have our life progress in a set routine ? We like to know that we work here and live there. A bit simplistic, I know, but if actually think about it, those are the constants or possibly anchors of our life.

Yet for some of us there is that " inner little " voice that asks : ' Is this all there is ? '. Surely our lives should have those exciting nuances that we see in other peoples' lives, either real life or movie life ! We figuratively have a foot on either side. On the one side is our safe, comfortable and predictable life and on the other, the unknown adventure and change that we could live and have.

Well, that's what it was like for me. For years I was a fence sitter, yet still a dreamer. Until this thought crossed my mind. A thought that I might have in my old age, if I carried on fence sitting :
' I should have done it '. I think this thought more than any other got me hopping off.

For those who have changed something major in you life, you know it isn't easy. Just doing anything new and different can be scary. The safety net of " stability " has been removed... In fact there are times when every once of your character strength is questioned, but with that, you discover such marvelous inner strength that you never imagined possessing. A true gift, one that you might have never known about.

Each of us has their own little fence to hop off. It could be a small change or a big one. Regardless of size, just doing it opens a whole new avenue in our lives. One on which we meet new people, new challenges and the most important, ourselves with a new outlook on life.

For me, moving to a new country was the perfect way to get off my fence. It has been difficult, exciting, challenging, wonderful and so enriching. Starting at the bottom rung of the " a new life ladder " in your forties is not a picnic, but those evenings when you reflect on your day and realize that you have moved up the next rung, makes it all worthwhile.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment