Friday 1 November 2019

My Husband Bakes A Batch Of Vegan Biscuits.

The smell of baking fills the air.

Cunningly I stocked up on all those yummy ingredients needed for making a batch of biscuits. Vegan ones which for the last few weeks both of us were yearning for. Every morning with our first cup of coffee we almost simultaneously mumble about how nice it would taste accompanied by a morsel of sweetness.

This morning before I set off for my walk, Bob said he would make a batch while I was walking and would I show him where the coconut flakes and co were. Ooh, how divine I thought until I realized that we were out of baking paper which I could only buy on my way home from walking. Which meant that Bob didn't start making the biscuits until I got back.

On Bob's previous and frequent forays into our larder and fridge on his hunt for contraband crisps, he has become well acquainted with what is on our shelves waiting to be used. One would think...

" Honey, where's the vegan butter?
" Honey, I can't find the sugar. "
" Where's cinnamon? "
" Is this oven hot enough? "
...saw me hovering about the kitchen being roped into the making of these mouthwatering morsels while I know for a fact that Bob is more than able to make them without any help from me. In fact he is much better than me. Just more convenient to have a sous chef at hand.

Even before they were done, the aroma wafting about our house was too wonderful. Bob is great at baking and I have decided to make him the official baker in our family...oh, and to try and be out of hearing reach when he does bake...

Men can create the most fabulous culinary creations but they need to be given the encouragement by us women to do so. Better to leave them in peace instead of our usual tendency to offer irritating advice and shortcuts. I can't wait for Bob's next batch of baking...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment