Wednesday 6 April 2022

The Eternal Quest: What To Make For Dinner?

 The ebb and flow of dinner inspirations.


Some days it literally cooks itself. Everything falls into the right place, be it pan or pot and on top of everything else, it gets the nod of approval due to it tasting divine.

But then you get days, where nothing, and I mean nothing comes to mind. If it were up to me, I would bury my head in a big bowl of rice garnished with some butter,salt and pepper but that isn't enough for a hard working man. No, I try and cook nutritious and ample food for Bob and come to think of it, myself too.

Today is one of those ebb days. The whole way of our walk my mind was going through the various items still left in our fridge and larder. Yes, tomorrow is grocery day which translates to the nice bits having been eaten and used up. Let's be honest, there are at least a weeks worth of meals hanging about, but not the ones we want. I can't cook pasta and tomato stew every night...

I should shop with a grocery list but somehow it never works out for me. Oh, don't get me wrong, I do make a list but then I forget to take it or even look at it. Surely shopping without is a nice workout for the brain?

The irony is that the ' kids' have enough food for a while. Varied yet the same. Mausi's gourmet must have its own signature scent as she eats anything from them, be it bits, mousses or stews but she won't let a morsel of any other cat food company cross her lips. Rather goes on hunger strike!

Tonight I think I will make a curry with tofu, carrots, peas, potatoes and rice. Hold thumbs that it tastes nice and that Bob likes it. He is very easy to cook for but I know by the level of his praise whether he liked it or didn't. A licked clean plate does the trick too...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment