Tuesday 5 May 2020

Facial Eloquence.

The simplicity of life.

Often it is the unexpected that makes an impression. Take yesterday for example; I was about to drive off from the local shop, waiting for oncoming traffic ( here it is mostly only the one car or the bus see-sawing between Güssing and Oberwart driven by our neighbour ) when a friend drove past. She didn't see me but she and her car made an impression on me.

Life isn't always as groovy as we'd want it to be and the odd touch of melancholy can wiggle its way in. So there I was awaiting my chance to turn into the road when I saw a red car with a most amazing passenger drive past. The passenger was in the backseat with his head out the window, blonde mane emulating a BeeGee's style blow-wave, tongue casually stuck out coupled with a carefree and happy expression. Wow, what a sight.

I could swear that I actually saw him grinning at the sheer pleasure of driving with his head out the window, catching flies and bits of the neighbourhood. Instantly everything shifted back into normal for me again. No more melancholy. If he could find such sheer and utter happiness by sticking his head out of a car window whilst it was driving ( I wish you could have seen his blissful expression ), then there was nothing standing in the way for me to find those little seemingly unimportant things which really add up to be life changing buttons in our dashboard of life.

The mane I do have, and it might just flick back in that famous 70's do if I were to stick my head out of a moving car window, but I leave that to the professionals, in my case a most wonderful, loving and loyal Labrador who enjoys nothing more than going for a ride with his owner...Dogs, men's best friend and in my case, a great teacher of life's lessons.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment