Monday 7 September 2020

Lotions & Potions.

Marriage, a laugh a minute.

Most men are like children when it comes to taking potions and lotions. In this case I was trying to get my dear husband to drink a healthy potion of hemp and hibiscus powder. Mixed with water it doesn't look that good but I was short of time and couldn't glam it up. Over the course of our marriage Bob has learnt to live with the fact that I love nutrition and health and often sees me reading various books on the subject, taking notes, eventually mixing stuff for him to try!

Yesterday morning was one of those moments where I had this dash of liquid health ready to be drunk by Bob. Like any suspicious longtime husband he chose to be wary. Not that I had asked him to sign odd pieces of paper recently which would have been a dead giveaway!

" Aghl, what the heck is this stuff? I don't want it! "
nothing for it but to go into sales mode;
" Schatzi, I drink this every morning and can't you see how my skin is glowing and looking more youthful? "
to which my formerly darling husband replied without hesitation or batting an eyelid:
" Obviously you didn't drink enough for the skin on your hands. "
Blimey, kids, animals and now husbands...after bemoaning the state of his own hands he bravely downed the cup and had the grace to look a tad bit sheepish. We compared the backs of our hands and I wouldn't be surprised if from now on we compare the look and texture of our hands. I must say, Victorian ladies were extremely clever by always wearing gloves...not a bad idea.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment