Wednesday 2 June 2021

A Tidal Wave Of Canine Adoration Came My Way.

 An amazing walk...


The other day I splashed out on some treats for the two dogs. Being new to the canine reward scheme I chose the most yummy looking one, in fact it almost looked like biltong ( beef jerky ). For the last two days I have put a handful into my jacket pocket, but had to do so under cover of secrecy. Opening this packet brought Miss Maus from wherever she had been lounging at the speed of sound. Nothing, but nothing gets past her! 

Today I happened to be walking a tad bit later and met a whole other lot of dogs taking their owners for a walk. The first one I met up with was a grand dame dachshund who had such long locks that her owner mentioned that she had a mix of terrier in her. In the past I had run into them a few times but apart from nodding hello, I was ignored by the four legged one. Not today.

Even at the cost of ignoring her reason for walkies, she hovered in front of me and couldn't get  enough cuddles while at times lifting her nose to take in the perfume of beef. Gosh, she just didn't want to move on despite not getting any treat from me ( checked with her owner before ) so that in the end her owner had to carry her to the nearest bit of grass. Just in time too! Oh my, that same piece of grass one of my charges uses for said business. 

Earlier when we ambled along our route the usual lot of canine suspects appeared and eh, stuck close to me and my pocket. I was on to a winner. A troupe of dogs on my tail and my lot sticking to my side.

Later on, after having seen to canine breakfasts I headed on home and came across a pair of beagles who have until today never given me the time of day let alone a sniff, a wag or a bark....twenty meters out the first one stopped to look at me whilst wagging its tail and five meters out both of the beagles tried to cuddle up to me. Oh my, the secret to a dog's heart is so simple after all. Bribery, bribery and some more bribery. 

Tomorrow I mustn't forget to take some more as my reputation in the canine world is at stake...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment