Friday 18 June 2021

The Sweet Revenge Of An Early Start In The Garden.

Ah, the good life.


Our hedge was put on top of the to-do list today. Mostly to give those mad dashers a better line of sight. The road behind our house and where this hedge resides, often resembles a speedway and lately for good measure a lot of heavy vehicles ( tractors, big lorries etc ) have joined in. That this road is a narrow winding one with an almost blind curve doesn't seem to bother anyone.

At least I make sure that the line of sight is a bit less obscured by keeping that part of the hedge nice and short. A few of the big lorries ( those that feed a constant supply of building materials for the house being build down the road ) have already clipped this hedge in their haste to get to where they have to go. At times I feel like putting a traffic calming device over this road...

Anyway, the various building projects in our road have meant a steady and constant supply of loud noise. Late into the evening at times. Nothing like hearing hammering and shouting when you are trying to fall asleep! But, every dog has its day and also every neighbour.

Bob has fantasies of revving the brush-cutter  on a Sunday morning, which of course will stay just a fantasy, but I had the pleasure of serving a dish of revenge early this morning. Yes, as luck would have it I was at my battle station at six along with our squeaky wheelbarrow and secateurs that most definitively need to be oiled.

It wasn't my intention to make a noise but each loud snip, followed by the harsh sound of raking up cuttings on a road made a correction in the rather lopsided balance sheet of neighbourly transgressions.
Did I put more oomph into each snap? Yes to start with, but after a few minutes I realized that I couldn't keep up this pace and finish what I still had to do.

The sad irony of my little neighbourly rebellion was that I don't think anyone heard or was bothered by it if they did. At least it made me feel a bit better even though one shouldn't give in to one's baser instincts...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment