Tuesday 29 June 2021

Loosing Time In A Sea Of Dog Paraphernalia.

 Pet shops, the new fun place.


Bob is adamant that little Maxi has developed a dog odour which I cannot refute because of my olfactory glands still ticking along the corona clock. The only thing I do notice about little Maxi is that his white fur is starting to look a bit dull and dirty. Why wouldn't it when he loves nothing better than to roll on his back in dirt! Bob has plans to bath the little man and thus instructed me to buy dog shampoo.

Dog shampoo? Surely the shampoo I use for my tresses is going to suffice? No, Bob wanted one that won't hurt his eyes should a dollop of suds get into it. One fact I have picked up from the hairdressing world is that if a shampoo says it won't burn your eyes, than it won't be nice for the hair. To do with the  ph-factor. In any case, mute point as they didn't have dog shampoo that was gentle on the eyes. They had plenty of dog shampoo ( at least 20 different ones ) and most of it aimed at the owners. Honestly, light and fluffy / moisturizing / pearl white ( a bit of a blue rinse affair ) and itchy scalp makes us feel better but I don't think the dogs really care!

No, didn't get shampoo-will use mine. The various dog treats, dog harnesses, dog leashes, dog boxes ( no, none big enough for a husband to fit into ) and dog foods had me agog. Honestly, an hour dashed past and I still hadn't seen everything. People do love their pets.

I needed to get some dry food for Maxi. The one that I took over was calibrated for the younger dog and often he won't touch it. As luck would have it, I stumbled upon a nice bag of dry dog food, which  is made in Germany ( nothing from the far shores of China ) and is vegan. Yes, vegan! I had read about vegan pet foot but never seen it. As this wasn't any dearer than the normal dry food, I bought a packet.

After I got home from town, I opened this packet in the back room. Sounds mysterious but anytime we open any packet Miss Mausi thinks it is a treat for her. So, as I portioned out a cup full of this food, one pellet dropped on the floor and was hoovered up by her! Unheard of because often when her cat food pellets drop on the floor she sniffs around them but walks away disenchanted. Well, if he wouldn't eat vegan dry food at least they won't go to waste...when I dropped them into his bowl, he went up to it and started to eat. Gosh he ate them all, which is also a first in this house! Love it. Let's see how it affects his movements as there are lentils in it!!!! Don't worry, I will still feed him the normal wet dog food...


Nice, isn't it?

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment