Friday 1 October 2021

A Friday, Ordinary But Nice.

 And the sun is here again.


Winter is definitely close by although this morning the weather gods were kind enough to order a bit of sunshine for us. Not without leaving a chilly reminder of what is in store for us. 4 degrees this morning was so chilly that I changed into long johns and extra sweater. Yikes, I forgot all about that part of winter.

The sun is out and the skies are blue yet again. Magic and perfect to lead us into the weekend. Well, Bob is working through it as the grapes don't differentiate between workday and weekends. When they have to come off, they have to come off. Sunday he will be at home though and I aim to make his day as easy and lazy as possible. Reading, eating, sleeping.

The last few nights when Bob came home late, Maxi has been besides himself with happiness as opposed to Miss Mausi who is still giving us a bit of the jealous cold shoulder. Understandably, as Maxi does get a lion's share of all our attention. How to explain to her that because he is old and almost totally blind he needs the extra TLC? So, Bob keeps on dropping hints that Maxi needs to have a hair cut. Woolly sheep is what I think he called him.

Both of us know that I will be the one doing the fur styling. Pure and simple. Fair enough, I don't mind and mum did buy me a pair of sturdy gloves for those occasions where Mr. Maxi might show me the sharpness of his little teeth.

This morning I asked him to step into the bathroom ( a.k.a. the room where all his hateful grooming takes place ) by gently picking him up and carrying him through! He was surprisingly calm and after I let him sniff the scissors he let me snip away. Difficult with one hand as the other had a constant check on his head. First a bit off the fringe around his head, then one paw followed by all his others seeing that he didn't complain. A snip at his behind's fluffy bits and the odd dread-lock and then all done.

Well, all done in the sense that he had enough. A few jerky head movements along with the odd grumble helped convince me that it was time to wrap things up with a nice tasty treat for him. All good despite the mismatched haircut. But you know, he actually looks cute and spiffy, a bit like a hippie...perfect for us. Will Bob notice when he gets home later tonight?

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment