Saturday 23 October 2021

An Ordinary Saturday, Yet So Much More.

Bits and pieces make a day special.


Bob needed to go into Grosspetersdorf to fetch a few things for work and I went along with him. In the big car. The grown up car! Driving in his work van does feel nice. High above the rest. The reason I tagged along was to look at what the second hand shop there had to offer. Bob kindly agreed to go along.

Well, I knew today would be extra special. Yes, I finally found a nice jacket for winter. My one, almost like my security blanket-a hand me down of almost ten years, has started to fray and disintegrate. Stitched up one pocket already but a new one was needed. I was lucky in that someone had donated a whole lot of stuff in my size. Good stuff, expensive stuff and stuff that will last. Ergo my joy at finding a jacket. A nice dark brown and warm as toast. Another item saved from the landfill and yet another item not having to be made.  A good environmental day.

Saturdays are perfect for chilling. An afternoon snooze for Bob and a lazy one on the couch for me. Thankfully I took the time to look at the television because otherwise I almost would have missed it. Yes, the alpine skiing season opened with a race in Switzerland today. Wow, how time flies.

Bob moaned and groaned when he saw that skiing was on, knowing full and well that I would try and watch most races yet, surprisingly enough he knew most of the names of the ladies skiing. Yes, he likes skiing too.

It is almost time to take the boy out for his afternoon walk and hopefully it will be a good one. This morning he had to endure a walk at the crack of dawn, in the semi-darkness, as I had to get ready earlier. Strange to walk through our neighbourhood while most are still asleep. Kind of eerie and I tell you what, I was hoping and praying that Maxi wouldn't suddenly break into his barking routine. Now and again he does announce his presence and joyfully so...

Biggi 

No comments:

Post a Comment