Thursday 13 January 2022

Can't Please Them All!

 Never happy, are they?


Maxi and I went for our afternoon sojourn around the block and happened upon some Eisenbergers who hadn't seen us since he had his spiffy haircut. Yes, short back and sides in the true manner of a young buck. Honestly, very fetching if a tad bit on the short side.

So, Maxi in his exuberance couldn't wait to show off his new do by boisterously running toward them ( we meet them now and again ) and greeting them with much happiness. Aren't dogs just the best at being happy?

Well, truth be told, I myself am rather proud of the old boy and was hoping for a nod of ' well done, he looks much better '...should have known better. First thing they mentioned was how short his hair was and how could I do this to him in winter! Yikes, don't they know that I constantly run after him with either his new jersey or to make sure that he is covered by the little blanket I knitted for him? Low blow, considering that I do worry about him being cold and thus dress him up with two outdoor coats when walking.

Why is it that we tend to feel the need to justify ourselves instead of merely acknowledging their opinion and thanking them for it? Gosh, then one of the ladies commented on how awful his eyes looked which made me bristle like any mother would. Hey, he is mostly blind and fourteen years old, what does she expect? Clearly a person who sees the glass half empty and properly the first character to be sleuthed about in an Agatha Christie novel.

This afternoon's interlude has taught me once again that I have a lot of work to do on myself. Learning to let silly comments be just that; silly comments. Can't please them all and I suppose that is what makes life interesting and exciting.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment