Saturday 15 January 2022

Coming Home To Our 'Kids' After Shopping.

 Memories of my youth.


It was quite nice this morning, going to town with Bob to do our weekly shop. Actually it has been over 9 days since the last one and because I make an effort to stretch the time between shops, I was rather proud to make it to 9 days. Could have gone another few days but seeing that Bob needed to go for his eye test, we went this morning.

As for Bob's eye test; rather nice and amusing. After doing the test, they told him that his prescription had improved and that the glasses he is currently wearing, are too strong. He was puzzled and I was chuffed beyond words. Plant based eating even improved his eye sight!

So, we finally returned home after about three hours and of course laden with stuff. It all adds up if one lives away from town. Those bits and pieces one used to get daily on the way home, are now shopped for once a week. Often I scare myself at how much stuff we get but somehow week after week it gets eaten!

Once we are home, I close the garden gates and let Maxi out into our garden for his midday #1. He loves greeting us and seeing us but after doing his business he heads indoor all by himself. His home!! I ( or today we )  take all the bags into the vestibule one at a time while trying to keep Mausi inside. 

Well, she does the second best thing...she inspects each and every bag of groceries we bought. Her nose and often half her body disappear into the various shopping bags and I have to make doubly sure that the fresh bread and rolls are securely fastened within their paper bags. She loves bread and the aroma of it drives her crazy. 

Of course she knows that some of the goodies are for her and Maxi and thus sits awaiting her treat. Usually she gets one and even Maxi has taken to demand a treat. Gosh, today he barked at Bob, telling him to get a move on and give over the treat. Cheeky monkey!

On my last trip to the car boot I couldn't help but smile to myself when I noticed both our outside feline contingent lining up as though waiting for their treat. How do they know that lately a lot of our shopping is for them...and yes, I make sure to only buy what they love. Else the food is left for prosperity even if they keel over from hunger. As I say, there is always the field mice menu on offer.

As for memories of my youth; I vividly recall inspecting each and every bag when mum came home from a shop and hoping for a treat!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment