Thursday 20 January 2022

The Nocturnal Shenanigans Of Our Feline Child.

 Miss Mausi tops herself.


Usually she strikes at the same time. A time when I have finally immersed myself in the adventures of a dream, climbing mountains, visiting places or floating through space...until she decides to pull me back to her reality.

When we do fall asleep, a certain routine has been established. First she cuddles for a few minutes with Bob and once he turns over to sleep she jumps ship and settles on my stomach. Every time, without fail. The last thing I am aware of is her warm little body breathing in unison with mine...until she decides to have some fun.

She must have found a more exciting adventure chasing a mouse or fly or ant because suddenly I get made aware that she is no longer next to me. Last night she filed her claws acoustically on our door frame before jumping gaily back on to the bed and me. Ouch, she ain't a lightweight no more! Stupidly I opened my eyes to see and that was that. The clever minx can see in the dark and without a moment's hesitation she came up to my nose.

The purring, as cute as it sometimes is, was annoying and very loud at that time of the night. Shooshing her doesn't work and in any case, she had a different agenda. First she stretched out her front paw to try and pull back my duvet. She deemed it cold enough to come underneath it but even that little manoever takes several tries until she decides where and how to settle down.

Resistance is futile. If she wants something, she gets it. By the time she finally crawled under my blanket I could feel Bob almost surfacing from his dreams. But, gloating over her win Mausi started to  purr loudly under the blanket coupled with sharpening her claws on the bed sheet! No, what a rascal.

So, nothing for it but to get up and migrate to the lounge. A move she had in mind all along because before my feet even hit the floor she was already running through to the lounge, jumping on the window sill waiting for me to settle in. I can hear a few of you ( those without cats ) tell me to just ignore the gal or shut her out of the bedroom. Yes, not a bad idea until you hear the miserable meowing outside the door coupled with energetic door scratching.

Is she spoilt? Of course, immensely so but then again, she is our little darling and part of our family and we all know that family isn't always perfect! Love this little feline madam...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment