Wednesday 15 January 2020

Spending This Bit Of Money Made Me Feel Great.

Time to put pen to paper or rather let the money do the talking.

Naturally I coincided it into one shop this morning. Oberwart and mainly because I needed to collect some glasses for a friend and of course I wanted to go to the Caritas shop.

The Caritas shop is a second hand shop in the middle of Oberwart. Bob and I discovered it about a month ago but I have never had a chance to spend some time in it. Bob isn't too patient ( can't really blame him as I can dawdle for ever and a day ) and the other time I was there it was closed. Never mind, today I was on my own and had ample time to flit around the little shop. Mainly clothes, shoes and books. Heaven.

Whereas before I would have just popped into one of the fast fashion emporiums and bought a pair of cheap jeans ( those that loose their shape after the first wash and wear ) I made a point of waiting until I got a chance to go to this Caritas shop. Gosh, they were busy and I had to wait at the hot spots ( jeans and jerseys ).

I headed to one huge rack of jeans and the first pair I pulled out happened to be a pair of 501 Levis in the right size. Wow, imagine a genuine pair of button up Levis for 4,50 euros. Unbelievable and you had better believe that I purchased them. Along with a long sleeved t-shirt and a sweater. All in all I spent 12,50 euros.

Now, once these three items have been through the wash, they are as good as new and ready to be worn. With all the evidence of climate change being shown almost nightly on the news, it feels fantastic to buy clothes that won't do any more harm to the environment. Actually, I have saved the environment of three items landing in a landfill just because the fashion has changed or the wearer got tired of these three items.

Very excited and proud of my purchases. All those for 12,50 euros...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment