Friday 17 January 2020

The Maus Eats!

How very peculiar she is...

At last night's evening meal one would think that we had dished her a plate of brussel sprouts. One sniff, one look and of she hopped off her feeding box, driving her parents crazy with worry. What to feed that little one? We then put some feline liver wurst ( yes, a sort of cat mayonnaise ) over it and at least she licked that of.

This morning I opened a packet of Whiskers , a brand she was thrilled to eat when we first got her and a can of Gourmet just in case. She picked at it but at least it was a start. Our cat appears to have an eating disorder. I had to go out early and only got back about three hours later.

The first thing I did was to look at her plate. A bit more was eaten but not much. Feeling hungry myself I made my lunch and lo and behold, the minute she saw me slicing and dicing in the kitchen she hopped on her feeding box and ate. I almost shed tears of relief but didn't dare make a sound lest she got distracted. A bit later, when I went for an afternoon snack, she too went to her feeding bowl and ate the rest of what was left. That darling little cat is as human as can be.

Bob came home an hour ago and before he even greeted me, he picked up Mausi and held her in his arms, talking cat. Too cute, her bashfully looking up at him with adoration and he hugging her closely and cuddling her in his arms. They both love that moment when he gets home from work. You know, she can distinguish the sound of his engine and even before he turns up our driveway, she is at the front door. Well today, we are all happy because so far she has finished off two portions of beef and there is still a supper to be eaten...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment