Friday 10 January 2020

A Bit Of Cheerfulness Is In Order.

The brilliant P.G. Wodehouse.

" I mean, imagine how some unfortunate Master Criminal would feel, on coming down to do a murder at the old Grange, if he found that not only was Sherlock Holmes putting in the weekend there, but Hercule Poirot, as well. "
- Bertram ' Bertie ' Wooster

P.G. Wodehouse; The Code of the Woosters
" This was not Aunt Dahlia, my good and kindly aunt, but my Aunt Agatha,
the one who chews broken bottles and kills rats with her teeth. "

P.G. Wodehouse
" She looked like a tomato struggling for self-expression. "
P.G. Wodehouse
" My earnest hope is that the entire remainder of my existence
will be one round of unruffled monotony. "

P.G. Wodehouse
" She laughed - a bit louder than I could have wished in my frail state of health, but then she is always a woman who tends to bring plaster falling from the ceiling when amused. "
P.G. Wodehouse
" He had the look of one who had drunk the cup of life
and found a dead beetle at the bottom. "

P.G. Wodehouse
" I marmaladed a slice of toast with something of a flourish and I don't suppose I have ever come much closer to saying 'Tra la la ' as I did the lathering for I was feeling in mid season form this morning. "
P.G. Wodehouse
" It's no use telling me there are bad aunts and good aunts. At the core, they are all alike. Sooner or later, out pops the cloven hoof. "
P.G. Wodehouse

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment