Thursday 16 January 2020

A Tale Of Three Cats.

Similar in looks but opposite in almost all else.

In the past when I heard young mums wail about their offspring refusing to eat most of what they had prepared my eyes used to glaze over and the thought along the lines of;

" Geez, just wait until they are hungry and then they'll eat. Spoilt brats! "
would flash through my mind. How hard could it be to get one's offspring to eat?

Famous last words and an appropriate way the tables have turned. Our princess is on one of her food crusades or more aptly put, she won't eat most of what we give her. We know she can be fickle and that is why we stick to our trusty old Gourmet cat food which she usually devours with a healthy appetite. Not so any more.

Thank goodness for the bunch of feral tomcats outside because I hate to waste food. They have lived rough all their lives and will eat first and ask their taste buds later. Anything and everything I dish them up ( Mausi's leftovers etc ) gets fought over in a manly fashion. They fight and screech like crazy. Believe me, there are plenty of times when I admonish her about her pickiness. She does get a jealous gleam in her eye when she watches me take her food outside to the boys though.

Yesterday I went out of my way to buy a whole range of foods she used to love in the past. To no avail. This morning, when she must have been ravenous, I heard her crunch through a bit of her dry food, but only out of desperation! At least it's something in her stomach. Honestly, I dread opening any cans of food for her because she merely takes a whiff and turns away.

The boys love it because for a change they are eating feline gourmet morsels, not comparable to a field mouse, bird or cheap fodder. When all else fails, I might have to cook for her and wouldn't it be funny if she would also prefer a vegan variety of meals...rice, tofu and gravy on a bed of greens! They do make vegan pet food already and only yesterday Bob suggested we try a batch. Oh, we'll be known as the mad vegan family.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment