Thursday 2 January 2020

A Husband At Home.

A laundry tale.

Bob has and is enjoying his long leave, in fact so much that he has started to interfere in my domestic schedule. Suddenly after leaving his dirty clothes atop the wash basket ( perhaps I should remove the lid permanently ) most days, he has decided to get involved in laundry again.

Out of the blue he called me into the bathroom and honestly, I wasn't too sure what I would expect...a long toenail, a view of the scale or request for a back scratch. Well, I followed his call albeit with a slight trepidation and headed for the bathroom. There he was stuck deep in the laundry basket fishing out long lost socks, undies and dish towels.

Bob being Bob, he had organized two piles of dirty and hitherto unseen items and was complaining that I have been neglecting his stuff. To prove his point he glanced over at the last load of washing drying on the rack. Granted, there were more of my items on it but in my defense, men naturally like to wear their clothes much longer before they deem it unwearable.

The only reason that there aren't enough socks and their ilk filling the drawers is because I purposefully stopped doing any laundry over the New Year. Yes, it is back luck to have laundry drying over those two days and as we had visitors yesterday, I could only set my domestic schedule back in motion late yesterday afternoon...if I had known how easy it is to get Bob to do laundry, I would have seen to it earlier!

But all jest aside, isn't it a good sign if a husband is actively looking for things to do around the house? Ah, it seems Bob is ready to return to work after a nice and relaxing leave...perhaps I should let him take over our laundry until he heads back to work on Tuesday!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment