Tuesday 2 February 2021

A Bit About Tuesday.

The self-elected Dorf Sheriff's out and about.


Living in such a small place one can't help but know people's cars from a mile away. The colour, shape, number plate and of course way of driving gives most of them away. The gentle drivers, the always-in-a-hurry drivers and the quizzies.

I was just getting back into my car after dropping off a food delivery when I noticed a delivery van ( a real one with logo and all ) driving past me up the road towards our house. Seeing that I have been waiting for a deliver for over a week I couldn't help but hasten to follow...just in case.

Well, normally there are perhaps one or two other cars on the road but today for some reason the road was teeming with activity. What on earth? The first car that  cut in front of me ( well he could have waited for me to pass ) thereby dashing my hopes of catching the delivery van was that quizzy Dorf Sheriff. He who wants to know everything and isn't above following people in their cars if he doesn't recognize them.

Darn it, and he was driving slowly also following the delivery van.  The van stopped at another neighbour and our Dorf Sheriff thought nothing of it when he suddenly stopped his car in the middle of the road in order to ask the delivery guy something. Never mind that I was right behind him! That really takes the cake and when he dared put his car into reverse, wanting me to back up, I ignored him and idled away. Eventually he drove on having to circle the block to get back to his home! Ah well, the price of information...

Look, having someone be alert isn't always a bad thing but at time it does get a bit too much. Not everyone who has taken to driving about in our village has nefarious ambitions and not everyone is happy to have their every move spied upon...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment