Monday 15 February 2021

Making Flaxseed Crackers.

 A nice afternoon for baking.


It is still bitterly cold outside despite a sunny appearance so that a spot of baking was in order. What to bake? Well, I wanted something savoury and quick with as little effort as possible. Just being honest!

A while ago I had read Dr Micheal Greger's book " How Not To Die "  and remembered that he loves flaxseed crackers. Even bakes them himself...according to his book that is.

Off I went to our bookshelf, took his book down and checked the index for flaxseed ideas. Sure enough, I found the place I remembered reading about and it was as easy as I thought.

                   200 g crushed flaxseeds
                   250 ml of water
                   spices of your choice (  I used caraway seed & salt )
                   spread mixture thinly on a baking tray and pre-cut pieces
                   Bake for 20 min on 200 C

My measurements were made by rule of thumb ( didn't have a scale to the ready ) and thus the mixture was a tad bit too watery but after I put it into the oven about ten minutes more, it was fine.

Bob tried a piece and liked it. Nice. I tried three pieces and liked them too although I might add more spices next time. Again it was as easy as can be to make these cracker and when I think of how expensive healthy snacks ( chips make from vegetables etc ) are,  it makes it even more fun creating our own snacks. Let's see how long they last and how many times I will make them again...


Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment