Friday 26 February 2021

For The Love Of Plant-Based Nutrition.

A whole new world out there...


Since changing to a vegan lifestyle I have been devouring the portals of online and offline in order to learn more and more about a healthy plant based diet. There is a wealth of information out there and each more fascinating and interesting. Once my mind was made aware of how healing and healthy plant food is, there was no going back.

With each new book that I've ordered, my darling husband has been the recipient of new nutrition tidbits gleaned ( he often has to listen to me reading him something aloud ) and of course also the person to test it out. He knows that each time I add another nutritional book on the bookshelf, an adjustment to our diet ensues. At times not to his liking but most of the time he loves the new additions.

Secretly he must be pleased with eating in this healthy way because he often makes me aware of a new book being launched. Of course since I love my husband, he wouldn't stand a chance to eat the old way especially now that I know how detrimental it is to his diabetes and health.

Most of the time people try and find fault with our diet and nothing makes me madder than those who tend to say: 

             "  Moderation is the key. A balance of meat and vegetables is fine. "

Funny how the moderation'ers are often the ones taking oodles of tablets and are far from healthy.
There is this expectation that it is normal for our bodies to age badly as we get older. Aches and pains are expected and accepted and sadly never queried. If only people knew how a few weeks on a healthy whole food plant based diet could heal many an ailment and more importantly, make them feel so much better.

Oh well, I have learnt that most people don't want to make the initial effort to change their eating habits and would rather live on pharmaceuticals and eat the standard diet of factory raised animals etc. One day when this information about the healing power of plant based food gets more mainstream, many will kick themselves for having been so unwilling to try it.  

But enough of my mumblings...I went to a local supermarket today and was pleased to see that a lot of fruit and vegetables were marked down in price. Enough to entice many to buy. One way to strengthen our collective immune system. Subsidize the healing & healthy foods...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment