Saturday 6 February 2021

Saturday Complete With Mashed Potatoes And Red Light!

 Infra red that is...


What would we do without our mothers? My mum is a treasure and treasure trove of help and information for Bob's painful shoulder. This morning when she phoned to ask how he was doing, I told her that he was in rather a lot of pain and that's when she told me about potatoes.

Boiled potatoes wrapped or should I say slapped onto his sore shoulder. Men are notorious for not wanting to try good old fashioned household remedies but I took to the stove and boiled up a pot of potatoes. Nothing but the best...we only had organic. At first when I told Bob about this parental advice he was let's just say, rather skeptic leaning towards not having it.

Well, I boiled the spuds, smashed them open on a plate to cool them down. Couldn't risk it being to hot and then found an old dishcloth to wrap them in. Off I went to Bob who was luckily resting in bed and persuaded him ( men know that it's best to listen to us ) to have it on his shoulder. He fell asleep and I secretly worried that I hadn't cooled them down enough!!! But all was well and he came through at lunchtime with the cooled off potato wrap, asking what was for lunch. 
Well, I told him that lunch was in his hands....

In the afternoon mum phoned to ask if it had helped and suggested that we borrow her infra red lamp. Within half an hour she dropped the lamp off outside ( darned corona means everything is done outside ) and only a few minutes ago we had the first session. I say we because I had to set it up, angle it right and time it. No idea how close we should have put it so just in case I kept an eye on any smoke signals coming from his back!

Bob of course had the last word and laugh;
 
   " You know, people walking past outside will see a red light in our window! "  

   " Well Schatzi, let's hope they don't ring the bell to ask for a price! "

Holding thumbs that the light and potato wrap will help to heal Bob's tendons.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment