Sunday 5 September 2021

A Bit About Wine...

 The nectar of the gods after all...


" I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food. "
W.C. Fields

" Either give me more wine or leave me alone. "
Rumi

" Beer is made by men, wine by God. "
Martin Luther

" Wine is the most healthful and most hygienic of beverages. "
Louis Pasteur

" Give me wine and wash me clean of the weather-stains of cares. "
Ralph Waldo Emerson

" This is one of the disadvantages of wine, it makes a man mistake words for thoughts. "
Samuel Johnson

" Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. "
Homer

" A bottle of wine begs to be shared; I have never met a miserly wine lover. "
Clifton Fadiman

" The juice of the grape is the liquid quintessence of concentrated sunbeams. "
Thomas Love Peacock

" With bread and wine you can walk your road. "
Spanish Proverb

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment