Saturday 11 September 2021

A Bit Of P. G. Wodehouse...

 Always makes me think while laughing...


"  And she's got enough brains for two, which is the exact quantity
 the girl who marries you will need. "
P.G. Wodehouse, Mostly Sally

" The voice of love seemed to call me, but it was a wrong number. "
P.G. Wodehouse, Very Good, Jeeves!

" I hadn't the heart to touch my breakfast. I told Jeeves to drink it himself. "
P.G. Wodehouse

" As for Gussy Finknottle, many an experienced undertaker would have been deceived by his appearance and started embalming on sight. "
P.G. Wodehouse

" Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique  at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to speak French. "
P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of Bodkins

" Employers are like horses - they require management. "
P.G. Wodehouse, Carry on, Jeeves

" When a girl uses six derogatory adjectives to paint the portrait of the loved one, it means something. One may indicate a merely temporary tiff. Six is the big stuff. "
P.G. Wodehouse, Jeeves in the Morning

" This was not Aunt Dahlia, my good and kindly aunt, but my Aunt Agatha, the one who chews broken bottles and kills rats with her teeth. "
P.G. Wodehouse

" I'm a bit short on brain myself; the old bean would appear to have been constructed more for ornament than for use, don't you know..."
P.G. Wodehouse, My Man Jeeves

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment