Thursday 9 September 2021

Mausi Keeps Us Entertained Well Into The Wee Hours Of The Morning...

 A hunger for food or fun?


Lately Mausi has taken to sleeping next to me again. Whenever I am semi-wake, there she is glued to my side, stomach or top of my head. Not complaining, as it is rather nice. Well, last night she must have moved too forcibly because I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.

To the lounge we headed, Mausi and I, only to join a snoring Maxi. Yes, his basket is in the lounge and that's where he mostly sleeps. Last night he tried to venture into our bedroom, but I nixed that idea because when I get up in the middle of the night I don't want to accidentally step on him!

So, the three of us took to watching tv and at 12. 55 am, the only show to watch was Medical Detectives. Eventually we all drifted off until of course her Highness forcibly jumped off the couch and quickly honed in on an object. My worst fears were confirmed the more animated and boisterous she got and the louder the little squeaks were!

A mouse in the lounge. Goodness me, she was chasing this tiny little thing all over the lounge and truth be told, I didn't want to get up to sort this business out, because then Maxi would want to go outside. Let sleeping dogs lie...of course he wasn't sleeping as I could make out his little head following the dash and lunge affair of his new sister. Somehow I wouldn't have been surprised if he too was sacred to step paw outside his basket. How was he supposed to know what made those squeaks of panic?

All this time I was worried that Mausi might take it into her mind to come and show me her new toy. Jumping atop the couch even with a morsel between her jaws is child's play for her. In the dark there would be no way of knowing if she dropped a gift for me until said gift might dash up my face to safety.

Eventually morning arrived and with it the ability to go and switch on the light to purvey the crime scene. Thankfully nothing on show which meant that she stopped short of killing her toy...toy still on the loose in our house and I think I saw it flit under Bob's rucksack. Not going to look. These mice are amazingly agile and fast. I did tell Bob about it but I don't think he listened...only time will tell if I was right!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment