Monday 28 February 2022

Life, Ordinary Yet Not So.

 A world that is changing in front of our eyes.


There are words and there aren't words for what is happening at the moment. Everyone has felt the change. Everyone has felt the fear. A horrid awareness that life as we knew it isn't here anymore. The line has been crossed and a lot of us have been pulled back down to reality.

We still have it easy. I can't help but feel and think about all those innocent Ukrainians that have had the rug pulled out from under them.  Earlier I took the boy for his walk and it was bitterly cold. An icy wind which went through every bone in my body and it took all my resolve to go the whole round. I still have a warm home at the end of my twenty minutes, something which many thousands of refugees do not. 

The whole world is coming together and as much as Corona has pulled us apart, so this new exponentially worse crisis has moved us closer together again. Talk about a silver lining. Europe is opening up its heart and home and it moves me to tears whenever I see it on tv. People are being Mensches again instead of altruistic beings.

One man has got the world by the throat and good golly gosh, isn't there some real life James Bond out there that can tip the scales back into our favour? At least a whole horde of international hackers have taken up their particular set of arms and I think they will prove to be extremely important in this endeavor. Holding thumbs.

I don't know about you, but I am looking at the world with a different set of eyes, norms and filters. What seemed important last week has paled into nothingness. There is only so much one needs to live and seeing those hundreds of thousand people fleeing with only the clothes on their back and a suitcase at their feet, makes me realize how superficial stuff really is and that it is high times that we stop living our lives along the consumerist lines...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment