Sunday 20 February 2022

Rediscovering The Love Of Jigsaw Puzzling.

 An in the moment activity.


Granted, this jigsaw puzzle is the 2.0 version of an old fashioned table top jigsaw, but who has so much empty space available for weeks on end? Bad enough finding space for odd things like letters, plates and fruit bowl!

Facebook does have its uses and it provides a platform for this jigsaw. It sounds odd to say one plays jigsaw online, but it works out just fine. My computer screen has become the new table top and surprisingly it feels quite comfortable to play jigsaw on it.

I have worked my way up to a thousand pieces and it is fun. Time consuming but fun. Relaxing too and isn't this what it's all about? Lately the news is enough to make one bury one's head in the sand if not in a mount of chocolate, ice cream or chips. Who wants to think of a war on one's doorstep? History sadly does have a history of repeating itself because people don't learn. Let's hope diplomacy wins but in the meantime, it is rather stressful to think of it.

The beauty of this jigsaw is that it tells you how much time you've spent on it. Time spent not thinking of all the ills in the world and time spent relaxing only using logic and thought. Brilliant.

Coupled with my constant crochet project on the go - a blanket yet again - I have a nice way to unwind and clear my head. How long I will continue to use this game I don't know but for the time being it is fun and rather therapeutic.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment