Saturday 5 February 2022

My Picky Feline Children.

 Such different characters but all alike!


Our feline princess, a.k.a. Miss Mausi, is known to be a fussy eater. Picky to the extreme and responsible for making me dread her dinner and breakfast time. Will she or won't she? Over the years I have learnt that she goes through cycles therefore I can never bulk buy ahead as Murphy's Law she'll dislike a hitherto favourite food.

The duo outside, the grey Madam, Fluffy, and the formerly shapely Parsely are gearing up to follow in Mausi's footsteps. Parsley is still living each day trying to shadow me and in the process has become rather hefty. When he first become tame and friendly he was a solid yet streamlined tomcat, one that was extremely popular among the feline neighbourhood. Well, not so much anymore and I am partly to blame for it. Feeding him too much!

At first the two outside were more than happy and keen on the cheap dry cat food. Ample but obviously not the caviar type. During the last few months so, I have started to give Mausi's uneaten lot to the cats outside and thus I think they have acquired a caviar taste!

The other day they left their portion of dry food awaiting for better vittles. Yikes, once a while ago when I had run out on their food I had to resort doling out Mausi's lot and I suppose that did it. Once one tastes the good life, there is no going back. Even nature's food is left running freely past their noses. Mice are of no interest to them lately. I only have myself  to blame...

I can hear you mumble about being more consequent and leaving uneaten food until eaten, but with cats that is impossible. They will rather starve than eat something they don't care for. It also doesn't help that  they are so darn cute. Every time I step outside the front door or come home through the gate, the two cats outside run up to me, lean into me and look up at me with their cute little faces...


Miss Fluffy, wise beyond words....














Parsley not leaving my side and to think that only last year he was so feral that neither Bob nor I could get within two meters of him!


Biggi


No comments:

Post a Comment