Monday 21 September 2020

Cats & Dogs Do Brighten Anyone's Day.

Helping others.


Honestly, I can't get enough of these wonderful cat or dog rescue clips. Dodo seems to be a nice video platform that hosts plenty of little videos about the less fortunate animals that were rescued. Tears galore.

The world is full of things that aren't what they should be and can make us feel sad. Seeing a stray cat or dog being taken in and pepped up  makes me realize that there are many wonderful people out there who take time out of their lives to help those less fortunate. Nice.

The other day I was delivering groceries to man in Eisenberg who loves cats and helps many of the local feral kind. Stray cats seem to instinctively know that he is to be relied upon to give them a good meal. I know because apart from anything else I deliver  oodles of cat food  to him most weeks. 

Our combined love of cats gives us plenty of material to chat about and often he tells me how feral cats bring their little kittens to his shed for a few nights, days or weeks in order to rear them. After a while they carry their kittens back to wherever, one at a time. Honestly. How cute.

Well, as I was starting to unload the boot he beckoned me over but asked me to be quiet. I looked over his fence to where he was pointing  ( we always keep a healthy two meter social distance ) and couldn't believe it when three young kittens were staring at me. Cuteness overload and honestly, I had to stop myself from taking one home. There was one who was a carbon copy of our princess and I could just imagine her playing mummy.

But there is the crux of the matter. Will Mausi play mummy or will she become jealous and nasty towards any other house pet we bring home? She is rather spoilt, you know! 

My motto is that if it is meant to be, a stray cat, kitten or dog will cross my path and follow me home.
As I know that Bob also loves watching these cat and dog rescue videos, I don't have to worry about sneaking any new pet past him...Animals, little angels among us.

Biggi 

No comments:

Post a Comment