Tuesday 1 September 2020

September Again.

A fond farewell to the sweltering summer heat.

It was just the other day or rather felt like it was when the lock-down was sprung upon us and now, a heady six months have galloped by each one packed with its own saddle bags of change. Yes, our world has changed in this time although most of us haven't realized it yet, still tenaciously expecting a reunion with life as it was before.

Fittingly for the first day of September our weather has decided to put on a cloak of drama starting with a rainy morning and ending with strong winds and thankfully cooler temperatures. Now and again the wind displayed such vigor that I was loathe to look outside in case roof tiles were flying about. No joke that as one of our out buildings has a roof beyond repair and filled with an almost perfect view of our neighbour's garden.

September and its new norm includes some chuckles. Only today I was in a Supermarket in Grosspetersdorf and walked past a lady I thought I recognized. We both were wearing a face mask and thus only the top of our heads showed. Hers was in need of a serious root touch up which made me a bit hesitant about saying hello as it looked like somebody much older than her. Ah, how vital hairstylists are to us!!! Well, when I had walked around to her other side I greeted her ( by name ) and thankfully I did because it was her and she had wondered along the same lines with me. Hopefully minus the showing of grey roots. A nice little chat and that was that.

September heralds the last bit of the journey towards year end and sadly also an end to going about without jackets or coats. Winter is waiting in the wings and I for one am glad as it is one of my favourite season. Yes, it will be cold and gloomy but also cozy and romantic. Hopefully it will also be the last winter that we have to share with that little devil, also known as...Corona.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment