Friday 19 March 2021

And The Weekend Has Left Its Slippers At The Door.

A much needed two day visit.


Fridays are really the best and especially when they beckon with oodles of sunshine and bonhomie. At least this morning bucked the national trend of rain and icy cold. Walking again was a pleasure and wouldn't you know it, I happened upon my sweetheart at his office. 

I was so lost in thought meandering up a gentle hill that I didn't realize it was Bob until I was almost next to him. He was busy aligning the wires and making all those tweaks needed for the vines to blossom. Couldn't ask for a nicer office.

The weather held up its contraire stance until just before lunch when the first little bit of snowflakes twirled about whilst gently landing on the ground. Thankfully they didn't linger despite now and again escaping those dark and cold clouds. And there I thought that winter had left our area. Of course we will get through the next few cold and miserable days. That is what ovens and books are for and we still have many to catch up on. Heavenly.

Fridays set a nice comma after a week of either gentle nothingness or turbulent happenings. Friday evening is movie night in our house thanks to Netflix but truth be told, there haven't been many times where I actually saw the end of a or any movie. As much as I like to be part of the choosing what movie we watch, realistically it is a mute discussion as I fall asleep within ten minutes of opening credits. 

As I sit here and look out our kitchen window I can happily deduce that we will be reading all weekend because the few flake of earlier have bundled into a full set of sleet, rain and the odd snowflake. Yes, a cold weekend ahead but hopefully the last one for a while.

Biggi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment