Tuesday 13 July 2021

De-Cluttering Our Back Garden.

 A rather fun task.


Bob's work colleague was so kind as to leave his trailer ( five time the size of ours ) in our back garden, ready to be filled by cut branches and the like. What a darling, what a pleasure. It goes so much easier when I don't have to lug each branch to the front of our house, put it in our trailer and drive it to the collection site. All that takes time and effort, thus it almost is a breeze sorting out the garden when a big empty trailer is parked in it.

Each morning after having walked dog, cat and myself I take an hour or so and head up into our garden equipped with shears, secateurs and hand saw. A lot can be achieved in that time and I have found that if I do it in bite-sizes instead of the whole lot at once, I carry on doing it while actually enjoying it.

This morning I got a bit adventurous and used the hand saw to saw a huge branch. Used to be a pesky shrub once but time has made it morph into a big old tree contender, one that thought nothing of using our barn roof as a resting place. No, it had to go and this morning I felled half a tree. Rather proud of myself as using a saw isn't as easy as it looks. 

Little by little our garden is getting aired and next month the electrical company is coming to chop our big walnut tree down. It sadly is getting too close to the municipal wires and our roof is not happy either as the branches again are using it for support. It will feel strange to have an open space next to our barn, but it has to be done.

Isn't it funny how life works? For years we hardly touched our back garden ( always feel on display as the guests from next door look straight onto and into it ) and now, we do almost everything that needs to be done at once. Long my it last....

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment