Tuesday 26 April 2022

Working On One's Verge, The Perfect Vantage Point!

 A spot of gardening and more...


Yes, it is that time of the year again when one has to sort out the weeds seen by the old public. Especially those gracing the border of our long hedge. Dandelion and co. seem to thrive on the edge of our hedge and with a sudden burst of energy I attended to them this morning.

All done by hand apart from a few utensils but nothing motorized. Good golly gosh, our area seems to be the mecca of motorized gardening equipment, be it a sit on lawnmower or a electrical hedge trimmer. Don't they realize that the exercise done by not using the easy machines can prolong life like nothing else? Just have a look who sits atop the motorized lawnmowers!

Anyway, tedious work this morning but well worth it. My arms are like jelly, something usually only felt after a vigorous workout at a gym, and tomorrow my legs will make themselves felt for sure. It was rather comical; the eyes of one of my neighbours were felt, and the others too. Cars stopped and walkers too.

Seeing others working in gardens or on the house is a very soothing past time and I myself have partaken in it and felt the benefit from it! It is an ice breaker like nothing else and even this morning, one of the villagers stopped to chat with me about God and the world which normally she wouldn't have done. Often just a quick nod. A car or two slowed down to give me a friendly wave or more a case of trying to see what I was up to. Not often that I can be seen in the garden.

In a world where Twitter has just been sold for outrageous amounts of money to one man, doing simple and ordinary things like a spot of gardening puts everything into perspective. Social media has reached its zenith ( in my view ) and can only go downhill from here on...we need to be reminded that talking to a person face to face is what our society was built on and not those few trimmed down words and sentences read on a mobile device.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment