Tuesday 17 December 2019

Bob's A Gem.

Tales from home!

Bob and I headed for Oberwart yesterday happy in the belief that we could defy hordes of Christmas crazies who wouldn't be seen dead shopping on an ordinary Monday. How wrong we were... Just as crazy as a Saturday. Nonetheless, we had a plan and headed to the mecca of shopping a.k.a. Einkaufszentrum Oberwart and ticked off our mental list.

The first of the fast fashion shrines lured us in with 30% off everything in their store. What on earth? Obligingly we meandered about this clothing emporium but despite the lure of discounts neither of us found anything we might be tempted to buy. In fact it was rather demoralizing to see so much stuff. Funny how most cheap / fast fashion looks the same. They should just make one whole mega store and be done with it.

But be that as it may and more to the point, we are the odd ones out in that regard and can't win against a horde of fashion lemmings. As long as we are aware of how futile fashion really is.

On the way home, Bob surprised me yet again with this statement;

" You know, I was going to buy some new tracksuit pants but when I tried them on, I realized that I already have two pairs. I don't need another one. So I put it back. "
How fantastic. I think that once we open our mind and thoughts to the fact that everything we do makes a difference, good or bad, we can't go back to burying our heads in piles of stuff.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment