Monday 16 December 2019

Searching For Nudie Jeans.

Trying to shop responsibly.

Somehow I have got wind of a make of jeans that ticks all the environmental boxes and then some more. Cult, I would say. Expensive too but one should only buy a pair every few years. Yes, one pair, washed often and worn with aplomb, style and comfort.

Trouble is, these jeans are only available in major cities or online. There is no way that I will order a pair of expensive jeans via the internet. I want to try them on and get a feel for them before stepping up to the till. At least that is how I am. Still living in the twentieth Century it seems.

There is a clothing emporium in Vienna ( which has a branch in Oberwart ) that stocks some of these Nudie Jeans. Well, I thought that today I would venture into said store and ask about these jeans. In all our time here I have been in there perhaps three times and each one left me with a distinct taste of snobbery in my mouth. Gosh, just because a store sells expensive items one doesn't have to look down upon those that aren't stuck with fashion labels top to bottom.

Again, I was made to feel as if firstly I was wasting their time, secondly that I should have known how their online concept works and not waste their time, and thirdly, they or rather one lady gave me a derisive smirk when I mentioned the greenness of the Nudie brand. In fact, she was talking to me but her eyes looked beyond me as if I wasn't worth her time. I hate that!

Rather sad how they treat their clients in such a small community considering that most of them already order from the trusty Amazon. Granted, I don't sprout labels and in fact often wear second hand stuff ( very proud of that fact! ) but I would have had enough to pay for a pair of these jeans...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment