Saturday 10 July 2021

Banana & Blueberry Ice Cream Addiction Rules In Our House.

 A thrifty yet delicious treat.


Honestly, you won't believe the amount of bananas that are thrown away just because the skin has become dotted with brown spots. In other words the banana is lovely and ripe but sadly, by European standards, a ripe banana is firm, brightly yellow with no spots at all. It won't be bought!!!

If only people knew how sweet a ripe banana is and how it lends itself brilliantly for making banana bread or our infamous banana ice cream. Lately, whenever I see bananas marked down or even given away, I take a whole lot and freeze them. Nicely cut into one centimetre disks and into small 
tupperwares.

Bob and I were in town and only came back at a quarter to two. Hot, thirsty and hungry. As we got home I took a tupperware of bananas out the freezer and let it defrost while we had a spot of lunch. Dishes done and onto making this treat. 

I put some plant milk ( not too much ) in the blender followed by the frozen bananas and a cup full of frozen blueberries. The blending, I have to admit, isn't for the impatient. At least with our blender. Often I have to open the blender and stir the stuff along because it tends to get stuck. But, I get there in the end and I have to say, there is nothing more tasty than this ice cream mix. Cold, sweet and moreish...

Oh, and did I mention that it is extremely healthy? Imagine that, an ice cream you can eat as often as you like. Plus it saves some bananas from having made their long trip abroad for nothing...Saving the planet comes in all shapes, forms and sizes but they all count!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment