Saturday 17 July 2021

Pfizer It Is...

 First dose done.


If it hadn't been for Master Maxi treating me to a taste of his little sharp teeth resulting in my having to have a tetanus vaccine, I would have had my first corona vaccine a month ago. But, everything has a reason and from what is being banded about in the news lately, being freshly vaccinated seems to keep the Delta variant better at bay. Let's hope so.

My appointment was made a week ago and today Bob and I headed for Oberwart to the Exhibition Center which has been the epicenter for corona testing and vaccination for what seems like ever. When we arrived, Bob dropped me off at the front as he wanted to stay in the car. At least half an hour's wait as they make everyone sit for twenty minutes after the injection in case there are complications.

All very organized with a roll call of names that have done their twenty minutes. Extremely friendly and efficient too. Everyone there from the person taking names, to the one questioning about health problems to the doctor doing the jab. It made it so much easier and less frightening. On top of it all, it didn't cost anything. Austria is paying. Magic.

Today being Saturday, the hall was busy from word go. This time ( I was there about a month ago when Bob had his first vaccination ) there was a sea of families. Teenagers sitting with one of their parents awaiting the end of their twenty minutes. Might Austria be the first to be herd-immunized?

It made me proud to see such a phenomenal response to the corona vaccine offer and even yesterday the local news mentioned that Burgenland was #1 in corona vaccinations outranking even the mighty district of Vienna. Yip, small but packing a punch...

Biggi


No comments:

Post a Comment