Sunday 4 July 2021

Mr Maxi Has An Interesting Night...

Mums and their crazy ideas!


Yesterday he had a touch of stomach upset which is easy to manage for us humans-private bathrooms as often as we like-but not such fun for a dog inside with only a few scheduled bathroom breaks.

Part of this upset might have been caused by his chewing half a raw-hide bone or perhaps just one of those things. Anyway, I was alert to any and all of his movements. Bob and I took him out for a late evening walk and it seemed the business was over and done. Great. Bedtime. All of us. Not.

I woke up at ten from a deep sleep because Maxi, who had chosen the spot next to me on the floor, was chasing his tail like a lunatic and still deep in slumber land, I got up, grabbed him, put on his collar and leash and hastened outside. Not thinking farther then having him do any business outside. None of that by the way but I realized that I was parading around in my pjs while it was still light and people about. Yikes. Back to the comfort of our garden but nothing from Maxi's side.

In we went and in order not to wake up Bob, all three of us ( Mausi too ) took up the business of slumbering in the lounge. An hour later out of the periphery of my consciousness I noticed Maxi  walking about, sniffing the floor. ( Recently we have had an unfortunate bathroom accident inside that has made me hyper aware of his movements. ) Oh, a quick sprint from me, picking up Maxi, putting on his leash and heading outside. Into darkness at least but again, after ten minutes of hovering up and down the road, not even  a #1 from him. In again. Back to sleep...until.

You guessed it, the boy was walking around the lounge, sniffing and scratching. Mausi was by the way reclining on the couch watching our progress with a languid eye and throwing me looks to convey the ease with which she deals with bathroom issues. The same procedure again, and I swear, Maxi was actually waiting for me to pick him up, take our torch and head outside. Nothing, nada, false alarm.

Suffice to say, it happened one more time until it dawned on me that the little man was hungrily searching for his other half of the raw-hide bone, that which I had hidden away. Serves me right for taking food from hungry dogs. Bob, when I told him our saga only laughed and casually mentioned ( because he knows I wouldn't have ) that I should have woken him up to help... 

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment