Tuesday 20 July 2021

We've Become The Top Address For Lost & Wayward Animals.

 Another new lodger.


Last night I had a late call to work. An unexpected guest meant mum and I were cleaning a Kellerstöckl after seven in the evening. Early for some, late for me. Off I drove with Bob still telling me that more than likely he would be asleep when I got back. Fair enough, he works hard and gets up early.

Fast forward an hour and I approached our driveway as quietly as possible so as not to wake up Bob, but I needn't have bothered as he was standing in our driveway excitedly waving his arms as well as pointing at a grey tabby circling his feet.

Oh, the feral ( or so I thought ) of a day ago had turned into a domestic princess getting cuddles at Bob's feet. Most certainly a runaway house princess like ours. As she looked so hungry I rushed inside and selected one of Mausi's lesser favourites and went to give it to her outside. Gosh, she wolfed it down in seconds yet purring with pleasure all the same.

Clearly the notice she picked up along the way about those two living in Eisenberg having the best spread had proved correct. Gosh, Bob and I must be the first address of consequence for wayward cats, dogs and birds. Why do they come to us instead of our neighbour down the road? Never mind, we love hosting animals!

Most of the night this young cat alternated between sitting on our windowsill or in between our two front doors. Meouwing non-stop I might add. She wanted to be let inside to the land of feline honey!
Couldn't do it though but still, she had a nice place to rest her little head.

In the morning she was waiting for us outside the front door happy to see us. Bob was first and of course his heart has melted even more. When Maxi and I went for a mini walk, she followed. Every time we go outside the gate, she is there. When I carried cut branches down to the trailer, she followed. When I hung up the washing, she was there. 

I have posted photos online and hopefully this delightful cat's owner will be found as this cat is something special and deserves a lot of TLC.


Too cute!



Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment