Tuesday 21 December 2021

A Day Filled With Gratitude.

 Trying not to take everything for granted.


Bob and I headed into town today to do our weekly shop and also for Bob to get some new glasses made up. Fielmann, I still can't believe how affordable they are. Bob got new frames plus lenses for 17,50 euros. Fabulous and at that price it isn't a problem if a pair of glasses gets sat on, falls on the floor or gets left behind.

As you can expect this close to Christmas, town was hectic and I am beginning to wonder whether a whole slew of shoppers had the same idea as us. Avoid the mall and head for town where we can get everything we need and more. Town has so much to offer but even they have a few shops closing down. Corona-lockdowns and Amazon, I suspect!

 Did I mention that there is an Indian Spice shop that has a big variety of pulses, curry spices and Bob's and my parent's new found favourite...potato samosas. Lunch, done and dusted. Our staple food are pulses of all sorts and I am amazed how versatile and cheap they are. A bag of 500 g dried chickpeas cost 1,5 euros and once cooked can make six main meals. Ah, grateful to be vegan!

Throughout the morning we shopped here and there and got everything we wanted. For that I am grateful beyond words as in these times it isn't a given that one can put enough food on the table. Oberwart even has a new shop that caters for those that can't afford groceries ( and due to the ongoing pandemic many more people are falling into this category ). A sort of supermarket where people can get registered and get groceries at reduced prices.

There are so many things I am grateful for and honestly, I often forget to express my gratitude. Having a full fridge, petrol in our car, food for the kids...eh pets, a house to call our home and of course the best of all, the family. Yes, life is a blessing and it feels blessed.

Biggi


No comments:

Post a Comment