Saturday 18 December 2021

Is There Anything More Annoying Than Knowing You've Got Biscuits At Home?

 Finding new hiding spots.


I know it is my own fault as I was the one who bought it. A packet of Manner Schnitten which happen to be vegan. Vegan but not healthy. In fact once upon a time there were three packets of it and I wonder where the other two disappeared to!!! Obviously Manner knows how to hook us. Why buy one packet when you can get three?

Even now as I sit here in the kitchen a little voice keeps calling me from behind. ' Eat me! I taste so good! ' yeah yeah, heard that siren call before and I shall try and ignore it.

You know, some days I eat a whole lot of other stuff in order to avoid picking up these biscuits. How dilly is that!!! 

More and more vegan treats are coming onto the market and just because it says vegan does not make it healthy. Too much processed stuff is not good be it vegan or not. Lately I have been following a group on Facebook that only posts photos of vegan food they found in shops. 

Daily I get nudges for ice creams, pralines, chips, sausages or cheeses and I have to say that I am thankful that we don't live in a city as I would be hot-footing it to the nearest supermarket. Might be time to un-follow this group....

Now and again I get overly enthusiastic and bake a batch of biscuits but even though they are of a healthy kind it doesn't help if Bob and I wolf them down before they have even a chance to cool off. Is there anything more tempting than a batch of freshly baked biscuits? Well, freshly baked bread comes in as a close second.

Coming back to my Manner temptation; time to either eat them or ditch them but, as I have just realized, the next hurdle is near. Christmas time means that we get lots of chocolates and stuff and a tantalizing bar of Lindt is vying for my attention...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment