Tuesday 14 December 2021

Waiting In The Car...

An interesting shopping experience.


The lockdown has ended for the fully vaccinated and or recovered but not for those who are either not vaccinated, haven't recovered from corona or in my case, have recovered but didn't register it at the time with the powers that be. A slight mistake...

So, there I am, recovered from corona and with my first vaccination behind me which on paper should make me fully vaccinated but in reality doesn't. Trying to get the health department to register me as recovered is near impossible ( and apparently there are thousands of others out there ) yet, after my first vaccination the doctor told me that I didn't need my second, as having recovered from corona automatically meant that I had had my two jabs. Well, not any more.

The new rules mean that I must get my vaccine ( am on the waiting list although there is the required time between vaccinations ) and I suppose a booster shot as well. A booster that will theoretically be my fourth shot! Only then will I be able to participate in life apart from the essential. Groceries, banks, pharmacies etc.

Fair enough, beating this virus takes precedence. What luck then that Bob is on his annual leave. Today we went through to Güssing to shop. Our shower contraption broke and it needed to be replaced. Funnily enough it doesn't count as essential so that meant that I couldn't go into the shop in question. Quite nice actually, being shopped for. Bob was brilliant. I gave him detailed directions to the shelf in question and for good measure added a few extras onto his list, while I sat in the parking lot waiting for him.

It was odd sitting like that as I am so used to whizzing in and out of shops getting all that we need and honestly, I did miss it a tiny bit. Bob, in typical male fashion, only bought what I had put on the list. Men are good that way and perhaps they should give us some lessons. Rarely do I go into a shop and get exactly what I went into it for...oh well, the small pleasures of life.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment