Monday 10 March 2014

Dear Bruce, Please Move Over Because Til Is In Town!

Die Hard & Tatort!

Bruce Willis or should I rather say John Mcclane has been a part of my pretend reality for a decade or two. Gosh, I hate to say it, but I saw the first Die Hard movie when it was newly launched. Oh, and I loved the movie and the other lot in the series.

Well, up to the 4th one that is. Bob could tell you how often I have taken out the video ( back in the day when the DVD was only a twinkle in the stars ) of Die Hard & Die Harder. Of course he wouldn't because he watched them with me!
In fact, I was a bit cross when the young kid behind the counter would say in a loud and slightly questioning voice:

" Eh, Ma'am, you have taken out this video 8 times already! Do you really want to see it again? "
Oh, the youth haven't got a clue. But you can see that I was a Bruce Willis and John McClane fan of the first magnitude.

The other day, I happened to get a chance to see the 5th in the series, and I have to say,

"Bruce, what happened? "
This might be the first time that I will watch a Die Hard Movie only once and it feels strange and not so nice because after all, the Die Hard series have accompanied me through a lot of thick & thin situations.

Last night the second in the Tatort murder series featuring Til Schweiger as a detective was shown. OH My God. Move over Bruce. Jeez-a-lou, Til is amazing. He plays this character with finesse, conviction and authenticity. Yes, just like Die Hard, the bullets keep flying and the bodies keep piling up. Overall, the action, actors & plot kept Bob and I on the edge of our seats.

The first Til Schweiger Tatort movie was such a hit in our house, that when I told Bob last night that the second one was about to air, he was as happy about it as I...

Til Schweiger is 50 although he looks like 35. He obviously works out, but so does Bruce. Til is one of the most successful actors, directors & producers in Germany and his movies keep on breaking the box office records...Mark my words, Til will be an example for men hitting the 40's because Til at 50 is simply amazing.

Biggi

Tatort: Willkommen in Hamburg [Blu-ray]
Tatort: Kopfgeld [Blu-ray]

No comments:

Post a Comment