Sunday 16 March 2014

The Simple Step-Counter / Pedometer Seems To Do The Trick.

Have you got one already?

You get ' Dancing with wolves ' and you get ' Bob & Biggi walking with pedometers '.
Gosh,why didn't we get one earlier because I have to say, they are like the proverbial sliced bread. A great invention but only if you wear clothes...

Eagle - eyed Bob spotted the pedometers hanging on the shop shelf at Tchibo and was instantly taken. Just as twins dress alike, we both had to get one and had our first day yesterday to try them out. As you might know, it is recommended to get to 10 000 steps a day. It is whispered that if you reach that number on a daily basis, weight and some health problems get given the boot.

Clipping mine on my belt from early morning, I was rather pleasantly surprised to already have done 800 or so steps before I headed outside. Who knew that housework pays off? Gosh, I can just picture Bob and I fighting over who gets to do the hoovering and some such...

As I told you this week, we have been working in the vineyards and the work there was not finished. All those pruned discards ( twigs of all sizes ) had to be picked up from the ground and carried to the trailer which was then driven to the local tree cuttings dump. My Mum had made herself a little contraption of sorts, to save herself going up and down the vineyard too often.

Of course, because I wore my pedometer, I refused to use this little contraption and opted to walk up and down ( carrying those pesky twigs ) ad infinitum. Every 5 minutes or so I eagerly checked my status and was pleased as punch when the steps kept adding up. By mid-afternoon I had reached my 10 000 steps and when all the twigs were collected it tallied to 15 000 steps. Yeah.

Bob forgot to take his pedometer and was a little bit put out, but because he was doing the driving and loading & unloading, he didn't get as much walking opportunity. When we got home though, he donned his walking gear and headed out. On his return he was so chuffed with himself that he almost danced into the house. Doing an extra hill had pushed his step count up no end.

Oh yes, this step counter does the trick and if it is true that the weight will stay off at 10 000 per day, then I will gladly find the chores to get that number.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment